Before starting the procedure, the cosmetologist applies anesthesia. Then, using the thinnest needles, a gel is introduced into the skin of the lips.
Immediately after the administration of the drug, the first result is visible, the maximum effect can be assessed in a week. For example, lips after Juvederm become soft and voluminous, small wrinkles in the corners and around the lips are smooth.
- 1. Mona Lisa
2. Cupid’s Arch
3. Filtrum columns
6. Red lip border
7. Wrinkles Puppets
8. Wrinkles smiles
Classic lips have the following options:
- The width of the mouth is an average of 50.9 mm
- Filtrum columns, cupid arch and lip curves are clearly visualized
- The area of the vermillion of the lower lip and its volume exceeds those for the upper lip with a ratio of 1: 2
Rehabilitation after the procedure is quite favorable and does not require compliance with any strict regimen. The main limitation is to exclude warming procedures for a week. After the introduction of the gels, slight edema is observed, but it is so insignificant that many patients come to the next appointment with a request to enlarge their lips a little more to get the same result as they did with the edema. Finally, it should be noted that immediately after the procedure there is a likelihood of the formation of small bruises, which pass quickly enough.
The first result can be seen in the first minutes after the lip augmentation procedure. You will evaluate the final result in 1-2 weeks. Depending on the individual characteristics, age, the volume of the drug administered, the duration of the result may be different. As a rule, modern drugs are able to maintain the volume and youth of the lips throughout the year. And this is great, given that we use the safest drugs. Sometimes there is a need to conduct a repeated increase procedure earlier than a year later. Usually this happens in those cases when the first procedure was “trial”: the doctor introduced a not very voluminous drug so that the patient could evaluate how comfortable she was, and the result is natural. In such cases, a second procedure can be carried out in 1-3-6 months.
Lip augmentation is not a complicated and fast enough procedure, but it also has some contraindications:
- infections in the lips or on any part of the skin;
- the presence of chronic diseases (in the acute stage);
- cases of anaphylaxis (anaphylactic shock);
- any problems with blood coagulation;
- intolerance to the individual components of the drug used to increase;
- body rejection of foreign bodies (in the past);
- cases of the use of permanent fillers in the past;
- inflammatory processes in the body;
- connective tissue diseases;
- the tendency to scarring (hypertrophic and keloid);
- pregnancy (including early pregnancy) and the period of breastfeeding – in these cases, the procedure can harm both the patient and the baby.
Experts highlight a number of advantages characteristic of hyaluronic acid-based injections:
- instantly noticeable result;
- lack of scars, scars, damaged vessels;
- minimal risk of complications;
- visual naturalness of enlarged lips;
- absolute biocompatibility with human tissues;
- reduced operation time; quick rehabilitation.
Experts always warn that in rare cases, complications and side effects are possible:
- itching and redness
- allergic reactions
- swelling at the injection sites;
- hematomas, nodules under the skin;
- hypersensitivity or numbness of the skin at the injection site.
How to choose a drug for lip augmentation?
The choice of the drug, depending on what tasks you have to solve with it, is best entrusted to your doctor. For example, a denser gel is used for the contour, and softer for the volume itself.
Possible techniques for correcting the shape of the lips and their volume